What should you pack in your car when you’re going camping and sleeping in a tent? What else should you consider? Here are some practical tips.
These are the essentials you should pack when camping in a tent
- The most important thing to pack is, of course, the tent. Make sure it is made from waterproof fabric, so when it rains it won’t leak.
- If you’re planning on camping for a longer period, also consider whether a small tent is sufficient or if a big tent be more comfortable. You can stand up in a big tent and it will cover your belongings. However, a big tent can be difficult to set up if the terrain is uneven. At a campsite, that shouldn’t be an issue.
- Pick a sleeping bag that is rated for the right climate and remember that at night the temperatures may drop significantly, even on a sunny day.
- Investing in a camping mattress or a pad is recommended, because it will make sleeping a lot more comfortable than just a bare sleeping bag. Also pack a pillow or cushion to rest your head on.
- Bring warm clothes for the evenings and nights. It’s not fun to be cold!
- A head lamp or flashlight is also definitely a camping essential. You will need it to be able to do stuff after dark.