Ensure Top Mileage
The condition of your tires is important for driving safety. By following these five golden rules, you can ensure top mileage, safe performance and a longer useful life for your tires.
1. Check your tire pressures regularly. Uneven inflation between tires affects the driving quality of your vehicle and makes the tires wear unevenly.
2. Rotate the positions of your tires between the front and rear axles after every 3,000 to 6,000 miles (5,000 to 10,000 kilometres) as the tires wear differently in different positions. Remember to check tire pressures when changing tires.
3. Check that you mount your tires according to the rolling direction marking on the side of the tire. If the tires are mounted against their designated rolling direction, their driving quality will not be optimal in all conditions.
4. Drive smoothly. Panic braking and side-slips shorten the useful life of tires and this is particularly true of studded tires.
5. Check your older tires for uneven wear when changing tires. Correctly mounted and carefully driven tires wear evenly. If your tires show uneven wear, get the driving angles of your car measured and have your tires mounted and balanced at a professional repair shop.