IT’S A NORTH AMERICAN JOURNEY
Our $360 million manufacturing facility in Southeast Tennessee serves customers across the United States and Canada while doubling down on our commitment to safe, sustainable products and processes. The Dayton Factory produces North American-specific car and light truck all-season and all-weather tires. The facility increases our global production and warehouse capacity, allowing us to meet increasing demand in the North American market. In addition to making four million tires each year, we’ll also be able to store as many as 600,000 tires at an onsite distribution facility.
The Dayton Factory:
- Crafts premium tires tailored to the demands of North American drivers
- Shortens delivery lead times to our customers throughout the continent
- Allows us to double down on our commitment to safety and sustainability
FACTS ABOUT THE DAYTON FACTORY
- At full capacity, the Dayton Factory will employ up to 400 workers and build as many as four million tires per year
- This is Nokian Tyres’ first factory in North America, joining our other global production centers in Finland and Russia
- The factory embodies our passion for sustainability: Strict standards will keep emissions far below regulatory minimums, and portions of the facility will even be powered by solar energy
- Adjacent to the factory is a state-of-the-art administration building that features collaborative spaces, a workout facility, a canteen and even a sauna; we also plan to build a highly automated tire warehouse on the factory campus
AN EMPLOYER OF CHOICE IN SOUTHEAST TENNESSEE
Nokian Tyres aims to be an employer of choice in Southeast Tennessee by instilling a life-driven culture. The factory launch team received world-class training at our facilities in Russia and Finland, preparing team members to passionately craft premium products for North American drivers. New employees receive rigorous training and access to premium facilities, including high-tech production infrastructure, a workout area and lush greenspace.
BUILDING A COMMUNITY
We value our role as a member of the Southeast Tennessee community, and we’re committed to building our own strong community, too.
- Our team’s growth began well before employees had ever touched a tire. During their first month of training in Dayton, the launch team performed more than 800 hours of community service
- Safety is chief among our core values. In May 2020, we celebrated one year without a lost-time incident at the factory
- In October 2019, we launched the Nokian Tyres Road to Sustainable Success, a program that:
- Supports local education
- Funds scholarships for high-achieving local students
- Advocates for sustainability in Southeast Tennessee
Our passion for sustainability is on full display in Dayton.
- Our administration building is fully powered by solar energy sourced from panels in our parking lot
- Our products have low rolling resistance and are free of harmful high-aromatic oils – we were the first tire manufacturer to remove them from our tread compounds