IT’S A NORTH AMERICAN JOURNEY
The $360 million manufacturing facility in Southeast Tennessee will serve customers across the United States and Canada while doubling down on our commitment to safe, sustainable products and processes. The Dayton Factory will specialize in producing North American-specific car and light truck all-season tires. The facility will also increase our production and warehouse capacity, allowing us to meet increasing demand in the North American market. In addition to making four million tires each year, we’ll also be able to store as many as 600,000 tires at an onsite distribution facility.
The Dayton Factory will:
- Enable us to craft premium tires tailored to the needs of North American drivers
- Shorten delivery lead times to our customers throughout the continent
- Allow us to double down on our commitment to safety and sustainability
"The grand opening of the Dayton Factory is a key milestone in our growth journey. Our hard-working multinational team has brought our company’s vision to life through relentless teamwork, and we’re eager to celebrate their accomplishment. The North American factory provides a premium relationship with our customers by making safe, sustainable products that are tailored to the needs of North American consumers."
FACTS ABOUT THE DAYTON FACTORY
- At full capacity, the Dayton Factory will employ up to 400 workers and build as many as four million tires per year.
- This is Nokian Tyres’ first factory in North America, joining our other global production centers in Finland and Russia.
- Our facility represents a $360 million investment in Southeast Tennessee
- The factory embodies our passion for sustainability: Strict standards will keep emissions far below regulatory minimums, and portions of the facility will even be powered by solar energy.
THE EMPLOYER OF CHOICE IN SOUTHEAST TENNESSEE
Nokian Tyres aims to be the employer of choice in Southeast Tennessee by instilling a life-driven culture. The factory launch team received world-class training at our facilities in Russia and Finland, preparing team members to passionately craft premium products for North American drivers. They also enjoyed cultural experiences and bonded with their global colleagues.
Our team’s growth began well before employees had ever touched a tire. During their first month of training in Dayton, the launch team performed more than 1,000 hours of community service. We will continue to put the safety and satisfaction of our people first.
DEEPENING OUR COMMITMENT TO SAFETY AND SUSTAINABILITY
The Dayton Factory is the latest illustration of our commitment to promoting safety and sustainability through premium processes and technology. As one of the most advanced tire production facilities in the world, our state-of-the-art machinery will efficiently and safely produce millions of tires each year. Even better: Our factory will be partially powered by solar energy.
The factory’s administration building reflects that life-driven mission. In addition to offices and meeting spaces, the admin building will feature a fitness center, sauna, canteen and outdoor courtyard. There will even be a greenspace between the parking lot and the building, complete with a pond, park benches and walking paths.