Nokian Tyres Limited Warranty
Any new tire manufactured by Nokian Tyres that: i) is owned by the original purchaser; and ii) has remained mounted on the vehicle identified in the Mileage and Rotation Record (provided with our warranty pamphlet), is eligible for warranty coverage, subject to the conditions and limitations set forth below. Products sold through online auctions or by unauthorized dealers are not eligible for warranty coverage from Nokian Tyres (Amazon Sellers should list their Company Information and you can look up the shop on our Dealer Locator to determine if they are Authorized).
The period of warranty coverage for eligible tires extends until: i) the original usable and remaining tread reaches a depth of 2/32” or less, as evidenced by the built-in wear indicators in the tread grooves, or a tire tread depth tool; or ii) five (5) years from the date of retail purchase (proof of tire purchase required); or iii) six (6) years from the date of manufacture, whichever occurs first.
WARRANTY COVERAGE FOR WORKMANSHIP AND MATERIAL
If, upon examination by an authorized Nokian retailer, it is discovered that an eligible tire is unserviceable as a result of workmanship or material related conditions, that the warranty period for the tire has not expired (five (5) years from date of purchase or six (6) years from date of manufacture), and that no Exceptions to Warranty Coverage apply, the tire will be replaced at a prorated cost at no charge (conditions apply) or at prorated cost (determined by reason of claim using mileage and/or tread depth) with an equivalent new Nokian tire by an authorized Nokian retailer. Eligibility for no charge replacement and details of prorated calculation can be found under section TIRE REPLACEMENT AND RELATED COSTS.
TREADWEAR WARRANTY COVERAGE FOR SELECTED TIRES
In addition to the Warranty Coverage for Workmanship and Material, Nokian also offers treadwear warranty coverage for selected eligible tires purchased in North America and used in non-fleet, non-commercial service. When submitted as a set of 4 tires.
The selected tires and associated warranties are:
- Nokian WRG4 (Passenger) (UTQG: 500 A/A) 60,000 mile limited treadwear warranty
- Nokian WRG3 (Passenger) (UTQG: 500 A/A) 55,000 mile limited treadwear warranty
- Nokian WRG3 (SUV) (UTQG: 600 A/A) 50,000 mile limited treadwear warranty
- Nokian WRG3 (SUV) (UTQG: 540 A/A) 50,000 mile limited treadwear warranty
- Nokian Rotiiva AT (P-metric) (UTQG: 700 A/A) 50,000 mile limited treadwear warranty
- Nokian Rotiiva AT and AT Plus (LT-metric) 40,000 mile limited treadwear warranty
- Nokian Rotiiva HT (P-metric) (UTQG: 720 A/A) 70,000 mile limited treadwear warranty
- Nokian Rotiiva HT (LT-metric) 45,000 mile limited treadwear warranty
- Nokian eNTYRE C/S (UTQG: 600 A/A) 65,000 mile limited treadwear warranty
- Nokian eNTYRE 2.0 (UTQG: 720/A/A) 80,000 mile limited treadwear warranty
See supplemental warranty here.
- Nokian eNTYRE 2.0 (UTQG: 580/A/A) 60,000 mile limited treadwear warranty
See supplemental warranty here.
- Nokian eNTYRE (UTQG: 700 A/A) 75,000 mile limited treadwear warranty
- Nokian eNTYRE (UTQG: 560 A/A) 50,000 mile limited treadwear warranty
- Nokian zLINE A/S (UTQG: 500 AA/A) 50,000 mile limited treadwear warranty
- Nokian zLINE A/S SUV (UTQG: 500 AA/A) 40,000 mile limited treadwear warranty
Replacement with an equivalent new Nokian tire for treadwear warranty coverage will occur when an evenly worn eligible tire reaches a tread depth of 2/32” at a mileage level less than specified per series above, and no Exceptions to Warranty Coverage apply. Tires which wear out evenly before delivering the guaranteed treadwear will be replaced on a pro rata basis only if the tires have been rotated and inspected by a participating Nokian Tyres retailer on a regular basis (see “Owner Obligations”). Vehicles that come OE with split fitments (different sizes) on the front and rear axles are eligible for Nokian’s limited treadwear warranty, however, since tire rotation is not possible with these vehicles, the mileage warranty on each rear tire will cover half of the miles/kms as the standard mileage warranty for that particular tire model.
EXCEPTIONS TO WARRANTY COVERAGE
This Limited Warranty shall not apply if an eligible tire is permitted to wear unevenly across the tread down to the treadwear indicators (2/32” of tread remaining), or the tire damage or wear condition is due to any one or more of the following:
- Road hazards, such as puncture, cut, snag, stone drill, impact or bruise break (broken or shifted belts).
- Use of tire chains or other additional device(s).
- Cutting or wheel spinning.
- Apparent overload or improper inflation pressure.
- Wheel misalignment or tire/wheel assembly imbalance.
- Use of improper equipment.
- Vehicle conditions, defects, or characteristics.
- Improper mounting or demounting.
- Improper repair, insertion of sealant, improper balancing, or use of filler materials other than air, nitrogen or carbon dioxide.
- Intentional alteration of either the appearance or physical characteristics of the tire.
- Conditions caused by aging or improper storage.
- Racing, exceptional use, wreck, collision or fire.
- Use on an emergency vehicle.
- Exposure or contact with solvents, oils, greases, excessive heat or ozone generating devices.
- Faulty or incomplete product advice or instruction not confirmed or approved by Nokian Tyres plc.
- Failure to observe the maintenance and tire care obligations described under “Owner Obligations” or elsewhere herein.
TIRE REPLACEMENT AND RELATED COSTS
An equivalent new Nokian tire shall be either: i) the same line of tire; or ii) a tire of the same general construction and quality. If warranty coverage due to a manufacturing defect in workmanship or material is provided, the eligible tire will be replaced at no charge to the customer if: i) the warranty claim is submitted within twelve (12) months from the date of purchase; and ii) the amount of tread worn from the tire is twenty-five percent (25%) or less of the original usable tread. Mounting and balancing costs, and applicable taxes, will be the responsibility of the customer. If a warranty claim based on a manufacturing defect in workmanship or material does not qualify for free replacement, the customer will be responsible for the replacement cost, mounting and balancing costs, and applicable taxes. Replacement cost shall be calculated by multiplying the Nokian retailer’s then current selling price for the replacement tire by the percentage of original usable tread that has been worn from the replaced tire. If treadwear warranty coverage is provided, the customer will be responsible for the replacement cost, mounting and balancing costs and applicable taxes. Replacement cost shall be determined as follows:
Consumer Replacement Cost =
Tire mileage at time of warranty claim x Nokian retailer’s then current
Warranted tire mileage Selling price for replacement tire
WARRANTY FOR REPLACEMENT TIRES
Any replacement tires provided pursuant to this Limited Warranty shall be covered by the Nokian warranty in effect at time of replacement.
OBTAINING REPLACEMENT TIRES
Any authorized Nokian retailer in North America can provide replacement tires. To obtain a replacement tire, you must present to the authorized Nokian retailer the original invoice for the tire being replaced, this warranty form, and the tire. No tire replacement will be recognized unless submitted on a Nokian Tyres, Inc. - Claim Form, which must be filled out and signed by the vehicle owner or authorized representative.
Proper tire care is necessary to obtain the maximum mileage and wear from a tire. For this Limited Warranty to be valid, Nokian requires that vehicle owners have their tires rotated and inspected by a qualified technician after the first 5,000 miles of use. Thereafter, tires should be rotated and inspected at least every 7,500 miles of use by a qualified technician. Evidence of tire rotation and inspection shall be furnished at time of making a warranty claim. Such proof must show the date, mileage and approval of the servicing location. A properly completed Mileage and Rotation Record form will constitute sufficient documentation. Vehicle owners must insure that tire and wheel assemblies are in balance and that tires are operated at proper inflation pressures. Tire pressures, including for spares, should be checked monthly. Pressure testing should be done when tires are cool and adjustments should be done in accordance with specifications set forth in owner’s manual..
When the remaining tread anywhere on a tire reaches a depth of 2/32” or less, the tire is fully worn out and should be removed from service.
CONDITIONS AND EXCLUSIONS
In accordance with Federal Law, this warranty has been designated a “Limited Warranty.” Nothing in this Limited Warranty is intended as a representation by Nokian that tire failures cannot occur or a representation that you will receive the level of mileage warranted. Any tire, no matter how well manufactured, may fail in service or otherwise become unserviceable due to conditions beyond the control of the manufacturer. This Limited Warranty is intended to be in lieu of any and all other warranties and representations, whether express or implied, including, but not limited to, any warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. No other warranties or representations of any kind are made by Nokian, and none are to be implied by law. Unless preempted by applicable law or otherwise prohibited by mandatory rights, Nokian disclaims liability for all indirect, consequential, special and incidental damages that are or may be associated with manufacturing and design defects in workmanship or material, including, but not limited to, loss of use, lost profits and loss of business. Some states or provinces do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitations or exclusions may not apply to you. The obligations under this warranty may not be enlarged upon or altered.
This Limited Warranty gives you specific legal rights. You may have additional rights that vary from state to state, or province to province. This Limited Warranty is applicable in Canada and the United States only. This Limited Warranty is not transferable.
To avoid property damage, personal injury or death:
- Always have your tires mounted and demounted by specially trained technicians.
- Always mount your tires on approved rims.
- Always have your tires rotated and inspected regularly.
- Always follow rules and recommendations in your vehicle’s owner’s manual.
- Always mount studded tires in sets of four (4).
- Never simultaneously mount studded and non-studded tires on a vehicle.
- Never mount mixed tire brands on a vehicle.
Warning: It is specifically recommended that studded tires be sold and mounted in sets of four (4) Never mount two (2) studded tires on a vehicle with two (2) nonstudded tires. This could lead to severe handling problems due to differences in tire rubber compounds. It is not recommended to mix brands. This may lead to handling problems for your vehicle.